ABOUT the Company:
MCCSN Company History
The Multi-Cultural Conventions Services Network (MCCSN) is a meeting and destination management company that provides global hotel sourcing and contract negotiation services to our clients, as well as, event management services. The San Diego based company is primarily focused on groups of 10 to thousands from associations, leisure travelers and corporations seeking exciting destinations for meetings, conferences and conventions.
MCCSN is the only independent meeting management company in San Diego County that has fully realized the significance of responding to the needs of an often-underserved segment of the market – the ethnic conference and its attendees.
ABOUT the President and Founder
Clara Carter is a highly sought-after speaker and Hospitality Industry veteran with more than 20 years’ experience on issues surrounding multicultural tourism and diversity. Ms. Carter has distinguished herself as the creator and producer of the inaugural Women in Tourism and Hospitality Awards Luncheon (W.I.T.H.), promoting the contributions and professional advancement of women in the industry; and producer of the nationally recognized Multicultural FAM Tour, this 3-year tourism program generated over $4.1 million in economic tourism revenue for the City of San Diego.
Ms. Carter is an instructor at San Diego State University (SDSU) for their Meeting and Event Planning Extended Studies program. A graduate of UCLA’s Management Development for Entrepreneurs program and SDSU’s Meeting and Events Planning Program, Ms. Carter is a certified minority woman-owned business with the City of San Diego, SLBE, Department of Transportation, SMBE/SWBE, California Unified CUCP, DBE and Supplier Clearinghouse WMBE.
Her numerous national, state, and local recognition includes:
- Several days named in her honor with the most recent 2017 Clara Carter Day proclamation presented by City Council President Myrtle Cole, the entire City Council Members and San Diego Mayor, Kevin Faulconer, for her work in recognizing the contributions of women in tourism and hospitality
- Named 2017 Changemaker in the hospitality industry by MeetingsNet Magazine
- 2016 Woman Leader in Business, Seventy-Ninth District of California by State Assemblymember Shirley Weber
- Black Meetings and Tourism APEX Award for Distinguished Service in Tourism
- California Black Chamber’s Small Business of the Year Award, Southern Region of California
- San Diego Magazine’s Top 50 People to Watch
- San Diego Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business Honoree
- Meeting Planner of the Year by the International Association of Hispanic Meeting Professionals
- Recognized consecutively as One of the Most Influential African Americans in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry by Black Meetings and Tourism Magazine
Ms. Carter is a dedicated community leader and volunteer. Carter serves as executive board advisory member for Mount Miguel High School’s Business Academy and Board Auxiliary Member of Rady Children’s Hospital, SECO chapter.